Flu: NPA SOPs and resources
The NHS Community Pharmacy Influenza Vaccination Advanced Service in England started on 1 September.
The NPA has updated the flu vaccinations service support pack for members which details the flu service, including a summary of the key changes and timelines, actions for pharmacy contractors, training, funding, and professional indemnity insurance.
Access the NPA flu hub here: www.npa.co.uk/nhs-flu-service/
Funding for CPCS IT systems now available until the end of March 2022
NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) previously announced the extension to the funding for the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS) IT systems until 30 September 2021; however, the national procurement model has been extended until the end of March 2022.
It is a mandatory requirement for all pharmacy contractors providing the CPCS to have a CPCS IT system in place in order to receive referrals from NHS 111 and GPs (where GP CPCS is being provided). The IT systems can also, in some cases, be utilised for:
- Creation of clinical records pertaining to the service
- Communicating with GP practices
- Submitting payment claims to the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA)
For more information go to: https://bit.ly/3hgrsrE
Pharmacy Quality Scheme 2021/2022
Initial details of the Pharmacy Quality Scheme were announced for 2021/22, with a focus on priorities supporting recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) and the Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC) have agreed the arrangements for the 2021/22 scheme with a focus on priorities supporting recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Initial details have been published on behalf of the DHSC on the NHSBSA website, with further details anticipated to be published in September.
Key points for PQS 2021/22
- The scheme began on 1 September 2021 with the declaration period in February 2022
- Pharmacy contractors will be required to meet all six Gateway criteria on the day of the declaration
- There are seven quality domains in which all the quality criteria in each domain must be meet to be eligible for a PQS payment for that domain
- The total available funding for PQS 2021/22 is £75m
- Further details will be published within the September 2021 Drug Tariff which include details of:
- How contractors will be able to claim an Aspirational payment in advance of the full declaration
- Points allocation to each quality domain
- NHSE&I will be publishing full guidance in September
Resources to support the delivery of Pharmacy Collect in Northern Ireland
The NPA has prepared resources to support pharmacy teams in the delivery of the Community Pharmacy COVID-19 Lateral Flow Device Distribution Service ‘Pharmacy Collect NI’
The new optional pharmacy service requires pharmacy contractors to order free Lateral Flow Device test kits from the current wholesaler, Alliance Healthcare, for supply on request to the public in boxes of seven tests. Record of the delivery date and the batch number of tests must be retained. The COVID -19 Pharmacy Collect NI Lateral Flow Test eForm will be used to collate data on supply and is submitted for payments. Specific COVID-19 self-testing advice must be provided to people collecting the tests, including the purpose of the tests and how to use and report results.